Sunday, November 17, 2013

My First Mishap

So 4 days after getting my first cast, I have my first accident. I went to the Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz (on 6th street) last night on a double date to go see Thor. We get there and get to our seats OK, but on the way out of the theatre I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator. I reasoned that I've walked safely down many a stair already and the elevator was so slow that it felt like there was someone pulling the elevator up... Anyway I make it about halfway down the stairs when catastrophe struck. Rather than raising my crutch, I dragged it on the carpet and it got caught throwing me off balance and launching me down the stairs without my wings!

Stairs of Doom!
I someone how managed to hop on one leg down the rest of the stairs, but once I got to the bottom, I instinctively used my other leg (the one in the cast) to catch myself and halt my momentum. Surprisingly enough it didn't actually hurt that bad? I was freaking out because in my mind I might as well have smashed my Jones Fracture with a hammer, but then came to grips that there wasn't any pain and that smashing my foot with a hammer would definitely cause some pain. All I felt were tingles that I think were caused by the vibrations from the cast. Anyway I make it home and I don't know about you all, but when I get scared about some medical issue I tend to make it worse by googling worse case scenarios :/ My girlfriend had to take me to get some ice cream at Amy's to get my mind off of it! No complaints there :) My foot feels back to normal today and I'm getting it checked up on again Tuesday so hopefully everything is still A-OK in there! Do any of y'all have cast/Jones Fracture stories?? Please share if you do!

Breakfast
- 3 eggs (Omelet!)
- 2 slices of roast beef
- a handful of string cheese
- 1 cup of milk

Lunch (wow I ate a lot..)
- Protein shake (1.5 scoops of Whey, 1 scoop Chia)
- Pure Protein bar
- 3 Hershey's kisses
- 1 String cheese
- 1 cookie
- 1 fun size M&M bag

Dinner
- Verts! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment