Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hello World

First let me introduce myself. I am currently a Junior at The University of Texas at Austin with lots of interests. I originally wanted to start a blog chronicling my journey through college as an undergrad trying to balance fitness, friends, and grades. I have been an athlete since I was young. At one point in middle school I was playing basketball, baseball, soccer, and lacrosse. I played basketball all throughout high school and then started to focus more on running and weight lifting in college. This past summer I was a part of a UT student organization called Texas 4000. I would highly encourage anyone to check out the website (Texas4000.org). Founded in 2003, UT students have been cycling 4,500+ miles across the country from Austin, Texas, to Anchorage, Alaska every summer to raise money and awareness for cancer research. All of the funds raised (roughly $500,000 last summer alone) go to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, the UT biomedical engineering school, and LiveStrong support services. It is truly a great organization. So as you can see, fitness and health are a pretty integral part of my personal identity. I think that's why I decided to start this blog. I recently suffered a Jones Fracture (fracture of the 5th metatarsal) and had to have surgery to repair it. The surgery itself went very well, but now begins the long recovery phase. 2-4 weeks in a cast plus 4 more in a boot before I can start slowly bearing more and more weight. These next 8 weeks are going to seem like a lifetime... 

So there is a little glimpse into who I am. I will most likely write more about myself and history in later blog posts but I will also write a little about everything and anything that interests me (sports, interesting news, food, fitness, world travel). I will also try to keep a log of my diet and workouts just to keep myself honest as well so if you're interested in that kind of stuff stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment